Conference Commitment Justice demands we take the necessary steps to reimagine and begin to create systems to ensure that every person has fair conditions, support, and agency to live free of oppression, with humanity and joy. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated and brought the deep economic, social, and racial disparities that exist in the United States to the forefront of public debate and social and political action.
What We Value
- Respect for Others – Use appropriate communication for a diverse professional audience
- Speaking your Truth – Be truthful and intentional in your participation and show dignity to those who are being equally willing
- Confidence and Trust – Help us build a safe community by welcoming differing perspectives and valuing the experience and expertise of our participants
What We Won’t Tolerate
We are committed to providing a harassment-free experience for all attendees. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form, including but not limited to:
- Offensive, exclusionary or disrespectful comments related to gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, mental health, age, race, or religion
- Continued disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Aggressive, threatening or deliberately intimidating language
If you are being harassed by any participant or speaker at the event, notice that someone else is being harassed or have any concerns, please contact the Conference Planner Events@Startearly.org. We will respond promptly as we can.
Anyone asked to stop harassing behavior must do so immediately. We reserve the right to terminate anyone’s participation in the event if they do not comply with the Community Agreement.