The 2024 National Home Visiting Summit steering committee, comprised of thought leaders from the home visiting and early childhood field, has worked collaboratively with conference organizers to inform the development of the conference DEIB commitment, content areas of focus, and selection criteria. As a result, the steering committee and conference organizers will use the following framework for selecting proposals.
Proposals addressing key areas of focus for the 2024 Summit that include representation of parent/caregiver and provider voice and address topics impacting historically marginalized people will be prioritized. Please provide specific examples when drafting your proposal.
- The session content and speakers promote inclusion and diversity within the context of the presentation and broader home visiting field. Proposals should speak directly to issues of DEIB when possible. Please provide specific examples when submitting.
- The session provides relevant and innovative content. Preference is given to presentations that align with the systems change/field-building vision of the Summit by highlighting important issues surrounding systems building, innovative or field-advancing practice(s), and creative/unique collaborations and partnerships.
- The session engages attendees in the learning and discovery process by actively facilitating participant involvement. Speakers must provide perspective and insight through dialogue, storytelling, case studies, lessons learned, etc. Accepted proposals will include examples of how speakers plan to engage attendees throughout the session.
- Participants are provided with multiple strategies that expand thinking and can be applied to practice.
- To create space for all voices to be shared at the Summit, we will consider the number of sessions on the agenda with the same speakers and organizations represented. We encourage prospective speakers to consider ways to elevate partners, providers, parents/caregivers, and colleagues into speaking roles when deciding to submit a proposal.
Spanish Translation and Interpretation
For the 2024 Summit, Spanish translation and interpretation services will be provided for on-demand recorded sessions, plenary session livestream, and poster sessions. The conference organizer will provide translation support upon request. Additional information will be shared with selected speakers. Please email your questions to Events@StartEarly.org.
Coordination with the 2024 MIECHV All-Grantee Meeting
Start Early is pleased to collaborate with HRSA to offer the Summit in coordination with the 2024 Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program’s All-Grantee Meeting (MIECHV AGM), which is scheduled for January 29-January 31, 2024, in Washington, DC. These two events will bring together leaders across the home visiting field to prioritize early childhood systems coordination, address equity in communities, and expand the reach of home visiting through innovative funding strategies. The call for abstracts for the 2024 MIECHV AGM will open during the last week of June. Abstract reviews will be coordinated to best meet the shared goals of both events.