Audience: This training is intended for new or experienced home visiting staff, new to using the PICCOLO screening tool in their program.
Home visiting programs receiving funding through the Washington Home Visiting Services Account (HVSA) will receive early registration access.
Learning objectives: After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify positive interactions between caregivers and children.
- Connect positive interactions to positive child development, socio-emotional growth and school readiness skills.
- Communicate with parents about their strengths and ways to build on successes.
Details: Training will take place virtually over four 2-hour sessions. Two training options are available:
- Sept. 21 – Oct. 12 (Wednesday afternoons from 2 – 4 p.m. PST)
- March 2 – March 23 (Thursday mornings from 9 – 11 a.m. PST)
For more information about the PICCOLO, please visit the Brookes website.
Registration closes the Friday before the first session.